1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we could get one famous person back, who would it be?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 30, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'll take Jesus Christ, if for no other reason than to prove once and for all that his message has been lost because of organized religion.

But, if you want to have some fun with it, give me Nicole Brown-Simpson so we can find out the truth and/or Michael Jackson just to see if he would have been able to put together those final 50 shows.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Jesus is not eligible, fictional people don't count.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Oh, boy.

This will not end well.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I should have put a smiley on the end of that post. Dammit!

I don't believe in any deity or organized religion.

As for the topic, I would vote for MLK, he had so much left to do.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is McKinley the most prominent Republican assassinated?

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Wasn't Lincoln republican?

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Yes, he was. I'd have to say that Lincoln is probably the most prominent.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

:)

It doesn't matter to me which entity it is. I just want some well known religious leader people praise today to come back and say "Ya'll fucked up!"

9. DanOregon

Guess I meant "most recent" (kinda odd, I have about 100 pages left of David Donald's "Lincoln" biograpy - and one thing I learned was that technically, Lincoln was nominated by the National Union Party, not the Republican party in 1864 - you can win a bar bet with that one)- I can't even think of a prominent conservative who died prematurely, unless we're talking Sonny Bono, John Tower or John Heinz. Odd fact, the current Senator of Alaska Mark Begich's father Nick Begich, died in the crash that killed Louisiana Rep. Thomas Hale Boggs, House Majority Leader at the time, their plane disappeared somewhere between Anchorage and Juneau. Boggs is the father of Cokie Roberts. God Bless the Internet.

10. DanOregon

If Jesus or Muhammad or Buddha came back they'd be locked up or killed within six months - too many powerful people would feel threatened. Between the Baptists and the Catholics, I'm sure they would find some lawyer to say that Jesus isn't the head of their faith, it would be like the guy who created Little League or the mother who started MADD getting shoved aside when those organizations grew too big and started bringing in serious money.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Politics - Teddy Roosevelt

Arts - Hemingway

Music - Jerry Garcia or SRV

"I wonder what he would have gone on to do" category - JFK Jr.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

From an impact point of view, I'd say Lincoln. Reconstruction would have been completely different.

Draft saved Draft deleted