1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we can't laugh at ourselves

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I cribbed this straight out of Monday Morning Quarterback. Not ashamed to admit I laughed. Though I've never hit Ella with an iPad

Tweet of the Week V

"I miss newspapers. It's weird hitting a dog on the nose with an iPad. @4thandpain"

-- @AdamCarriker94, the Washington defensive end.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That is fantastic.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Great find Moddy ... and we know you'd never hit Ella with an iPad.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this note in MMQB . I assume that PK made this mistake:

Mr. Starwood Preferred Member Travel Note of the Week

I beg you, Delta Air Lines and LaGuardia Airport. Please fix the insane asylum that is Terminal C and D, and the Marine Air Terminal, at the airport. For the unfamiliar, here's how it works if you've got a Delta flight at LaGuardia. Delta is at Terminal A (the Marine Air Terminal), Terminal C and Terminal D. When you approach the airport, the Delta Shuttle (flights to Washington and Boston) operate out of Terminal A. The other flights operate out of Terminal C or D.

If you print out your boarding pass a couple hours before your flight and head for the airport, you'll usually have the gate number on the boarding pass. If not, God help you.

Let's say you're not from New York, and you're just in town, and you have to catch a plane out of LaGuardia on Delta. Cab driver says to you, "Where to?'' You say, "LaGuardia. Delta terminal." Cabbie wonders if that's the Marine Air Terminal, Terminal C or Terminal D. You don't have your boarding pass. So you don't know. You approach the airport, and there should be some signage on site, telling you where your flight is flying out of. Nope. No idea.

And if you guess Terminal D, let's say, and it's Terminal C, you get through the rat's maze of security -- it's always long, because Delta is always busy -- and then have to get sardined into a bus downstairs for the ride to Terminal C. Or if it's the Marine Air Terminal, you've got a long ride on a different airport bus.

I mean, anybody at Delta ever hear of signage?

The question is who would go through a security line without checking gate on board or smart phone app. No different for example in DFW when flying American.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hard to read the app with a fistful of yogurt pretzels.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Take some responsibility, PK. Check a web site, call the Delta 800 number. Surely if you're a frequent traveler you've got a special number to call that separates you from the riff raff.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It's getting kind of expensive to put iPads under my kiddo's art projects to keep the table from getting stained.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I said to my girlfriend, "Please give me the newspaper."
    "Don't be silly," she replied, "you can borrow my iPad."

That spider never knew what fucking hit it.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Unlike most professional athletes, who tweet out bible verses and other highly creative and motivational phrases (RISE N GRIND!!!!), Carriker is a great follow on Twitter. Very funny dude.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Dear Peter King: "Signage"?
    Bureaucracy at its worst.
    "Signs."

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

All the news that's fit to... well, beat the shit out of spiders. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted