1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we are indeed on the cusp of WW3, how are you preparing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 10, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

don't forget the cyanide

oh, and when the wolverines went to the old guy's house, they made sure he had a radio and batteries

'the chair is against the wall. the chair is against the wall. john has a long moustache. john has a long moustache.'

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm heading to Owen Sound and crash with Double J.

Hell, people from Toronto don't know where it is. Don't have to worry about no Islamic terrorists.

[​IMG]

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

One could argue that's the best role Paxton's ever played

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I was agree. Better than his role as Chet in Weird Science or the firefighter in that other movie starring the rappers. Forget the name now.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You're stewed, Butt-wad!

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Are you sure?

I didn't see any fruit rollups in any of those pictures.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Technically, this is World War IV.

World War III essentially ended when the Berlin Wall was torn down ... and, as with Germany after WWI, left certain unresolved factional disputes that have led us to our current predicament.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Well, he did mention the gun first, which tells me where his head is.

And even if he doesn't have a gun, he's still panicking like a little bitch. I should add that though A_F and I have had board disagreements, I don't hate him, I hate the hit-the-panic-button paranoia he's spewing. It's counterproductive, silly, dangerous, and most important, EXACTLY HOW TERRORISTS WANT YOU TO FEEL.

This is what I hate about the America we live in right now -- tough talk about how the rest of the world should run their lives, get threatened by the lunatic fringe that really doesn't represent the majority of anti-American opinion, go into uber-paranoia mode.

It's a stupid-ass vicious cycle.

Al-Qaeda cannot, I repeat, cannot bring WWIII to our shores. Nor can Iran, Syria, North Korea, or any other nations viewed as overtly hostile. The damage those nations can inflict on us pales in comparison to the damage we can inflict on them, so for people to hit the panic button about a third-rate attempt at an airline hijacking and extrapolate it into WWIII is pathetic. I'd worry if this were China or Russia, but this ain't the Cuban Missile Crisis folks.

I hear a lot of conservatives talk about this ridiculous notion of the "pussification of America". It's times like this where the paranoia crew -- and many are righties -- show who the real pansies are -- the shoot first, ask questions later kind of pansies -- who refuse to live their lives without fear.

I don't fear a goddamn thing about Al-Qaeda, and I live within horrible death range of the biggest chemical weapons depot in the nation. I refuse to give in to the notion that those assholes can fuck with the things I can control in the way I live my life. If more Americans felt the same, we'd be in a helluva lot better mindset than we are.

An example? I don't admire the policies of the Israeli government, but I admire the hell out of the Israeli people, who live with this shit perpetually. Their ability to live relatively normally under fire is an example of what we should follow instead of flipping the chicken switch everytime someone threatens to kill us.

I refuse to let Al-Qaeda win even one inch of doubt in my mind about the way I live my life. I will fly, I will visit large cities, I will visit would-be terrorists targets, I will rock with my cock out if the spirit moves me. What I won't do is panic like a little bitch because Al-Qaeda threatened us.

To me, that's a helluva lot more American than flashing our piece Swingers-style to the world. Live your lives. Walk the fucking walk.

Rant over.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

go back to france, you pussy

(that joke doesn't work quite as well on the next page and not right underneath bubbler's rant)

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think the key for the Israelis is that they are well-supplied with fruit rollups.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

And tuna.

Draft saved Draft deleted