1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we are indeed on the cusp of WW3, how are you preparing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 10, 2006.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Can opener.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Wow. Totally missed that. I thought the post meant actul, real-live wolverines. Kinda like guard dogs, only better.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That is one of the greatest "panic" characters of all time. "We're screwed man! We're screwed."
    and, of course ...

"You're dog meat, man!"

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A_F did not say he had a gun. It was a family member who is getting two more because of the terror alert.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The point's still valid, regardless of who's buying the gun. Anyone who thinks a gun is going to help do anything other than shoot stray dogs for meat or stop looters is not thinking clearly. We're not looking at a conventional war with an invasion force.

6. Inky_Wretch

I think people are letting their dislike for A_F cloud what he posted. A relative is the one buying guns, all A_F said he was doing was putting in some canned goods, bottled water and emergency cash. That seems like common sense, not irrational fear-mongering.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm not going to criticize A_F's family. A gun would have been handy in the cabin on any of the 9-11 flights.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I wonder how long until we follow Israel's lead....all new homes have a secure bombproof underground shelter.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How about their airline security (or the rest of the world)?

Racial profiling to the Nth degree.

Our world is going to change, and not for the better.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hey, I like A_F. I'm not at all attacking him or his family. But I don't think buying guns is the right preparation in a case like this.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

vote republican!

let george w. bush have a third term!

and, well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Inky_Wretch

And he did say he was buying a gun. He said he was laying in a disaster kit.

A_F, if you take an medications regularly, you should have a couple weeks worth of them in the kit as well. And be sure to get a good first-aid kit.

Draft saved Draft deleted