1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If this doesn't get Batman's Vin Scully story reposted, nothing will...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Mar 26, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

pissing myself

Chef2 and Batman like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

IIRC, it took me maybe 30-40 minutes. A lot of it was reading back over it to make sure the continuity held up -- correct player names and positions, keeping up with the count, making sure Beltran's at-bat lasted long enough for Vin to tell the whole story, having the long foul ball go to the correct side of the pole, that sort of thing.
    There's still a couple of holes in it, like Vin and Jose's pit stop at a seedy desert diner with a dead hooker in the trunk. But maybe that's another story for another time.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Good Christ, I had not seen that before. I am crying. That is the greatest thing I've ever read, and I've read some things. Oh my God. Can't breathe.

FileNotFound and Batman like this.
  4. typefitter

And there's poor Angie, dead as a doornail on a tarp in the desert, half her face gone. It kind of looks like a ghastly smile, with her teeth missing ... Kershaw JUUUSSSTTT misses with a slider...

This is when I really started to worry I was going to have a stroke.

5. typefitter

God, I love this place.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've read that son of a bitch 20 times at least, and it just keeps getting better and better.
    Fucking perfection.
    The first time I read it, I had tears streaming down my face like I was at a funeral I was laughing so hard.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find the original post/thread.

8. typefitter

but Jose cut me off and told me I was part of this.

I might get this tattooed on my right arm where I can always see it.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"So Angie, I think her name was, immediately stops mouthing off. Jose knew he had to set an example, so he smacked her again. Harder this time. Beltran takes a deep cut and fouls one straight back. 2-1 is the count. Don't forget about Free Dodger Cap night Saturday at the ballpark. Free Dodger baseball caps to all fans 14 and under. It's a great time for the whole family.
    "Anyway, getting back to Jose Madrigas."​

:D:D

Holy shit, that is gold.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The first time I read it I completely lost at it at the mention of the promo. Great time for the whole family.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The best post in the long and storied history of this site and it’s not even close. It’s impossible to not hear Scully’s voice in your head as you read it.

Batman likes this.
  12. typefitter

I'm sort of struggling to know how I missed it the first time. I've been away for long stretches, and I guess it happened then. But it's like finding out that everything you thought was true isn't. That really is the best thing I've read here. I had no idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted