1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If These Dead Rockers Were Still Alive...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Here is what they might look like (and be doing)...

Jimi Hendrix "would have provided a bridge between the funk-jazz of Parliament and the growing experimental rock movement, and could now be reigning as the pioneer, father figure and supreme master of the jam-band scene.”

[​IMG]

Elvis, John Lennon, Bob Marley, Kurt Cobain and others:

http://sachsmedia.com/rockheaven/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't disagree so much with how the PEOPLE might look, but most of them are wearing clothes out of the mid-1970s.

Gotta figure Hendrix would be wearing something besides a polyester jacket and a mock turtleneck.

Here's a famous concept pic from about 1970 of how the Beatles would look when "They Were 64."

[​IMG]

Of course we know how Ringo and Paul look now that they're well past that age. Looks like vegetarianism helps quite a bit with those saggy jowls.

[​IMG]

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Did they think George Harrison was going to become a Jacobean nobleman? He looks like Guy Fawkes.

4. Starman

[​IMG]

I think that's from 1999; actually the 1970 pic isn't really very far off.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Here's what Keith Richards would look like if he was still alive today:

[​IMG]

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Lennon looks like a jolly dandy version of Wilford Brimley.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At least Lennon made it to 40. I feel like his legacy is a lot more earned than the huge group of people who died at 27.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Lennon had done more by the time he got to 27 than almost all of those who had checked out at that time.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That would have been 1967? Yeah, that's probably a colossal understatement.

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Ringo looks like Jon Lovitz in that picture.

11. Starman

That was from about five years ago. More recently, he's given up on the hair dye:

[​IMG]

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

A few of the descriptions of what they'd be doing now were spot-on (Bob Marley, Hendrix, Keith Moon).

But a lot of them were way off-base. Anyone who thinks John Lennon would have "embraced hip-hop" or done anything cutting edge was listening to "Double Fantasy" through kaleidescope eyes.

I mean, John was my guy in the Beatles, but that record was MOR muzak as bad as anything McCartney did in the 80s. Hard to believe the same artist who recorded the Plastic Ono Band LP did Double Fantasy.

And Janis Joplin would be playing honky tonks in Houston to pay the bills between stints in rehab.

Draft saved Draft deleted