1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a Sopranos movie....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 12, 2007.

?

Who will be the highest-ranking non-incarcerated member?

1. Tony

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Meadow

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. A.J.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Paulie

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Walden

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Sil

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Other

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would do what I do with everything that happened after 1:49 has expired in Million Dollar Baby; I would ignore it.

She won the title right? Lived happily ever after, right?

I do like the Junior and Tony's dad idea, though.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

$250 million? You're insane... I'd be curious how many mob films have even cleared $100 mil. I don't think The Departed did... You know how rare it is for an "R" rated movie to clear $100 million? I think the Matrix movies are the only R-rated movies to clear $200 million and this kind of flick isn't going to have fanboys going back to see it three times...

The only thing this movie has going for it is that they killed off some of the potentially high salaries... But consider this... Most of the supporting actors on that show (Little Steven, guy who plays Paulie Walnuts, Imperioli, etc...) were making $200K per show. Gandolfini was making $800K per show and Edie Falco was about $350K. That's a big reason why most of the recent seasons have only been 12-14 episodes.

They asked Little Steven recently about a prequel and he said, "We're all too old and fat..." I know he was joking, but if they were to do a prequel it would almost have to be with a cast of different actors and I seriously doubt that would have much of a draw...

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I guess they could give it a few years and like "Sex and the City" find out that all of the actors will be forever typecast and then come back for the payday...

Right now, I think Falco and Imperioli will be the only actors able to easily find work in non-mafia type parts... Imperioli was great in a few episodes of L&O and I hope he goes back to something like that...

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I think we'd all have to agree that Gandolfini would have to figure prominently in any movie, and obviously that'd be tough in a prequel. And do you really think Chase would rip of the Godfather II format?

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Of course the prequel part would be different actors.

And $250 million ain't THAT much to make after all is said and done.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think he would do it in a different manner... perhaps prequel as a first block, and then current-day for the final hour and a half

Draft saved Draft deleted