1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the reality of the business didn't suck so bad, this would be damn funny.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jul 9, 2012.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

http://www.theonion.com/articles/economically-healthy-daily-planet-now-most-unreali,28718/

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Still funny.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even Superman needs to work smarter not harder.

4. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

On the bright side, think of how much more time he'll have to fight evil and save the world during those two weeks he's on furlough!

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If he takes a severance package, he doesn't even need to be Clark Kent anymore!

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Funny because it's true.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

OK, Clark... We need you to start shooting your own photos. Can you also upload video to the site as soon as you're done? Also, we no longer have any copy editors so be careful with those commas. And, we had to let Lois go...

8. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

If Peter Parker can take his own photos of Spider-Man for the Daily Bugle, why can't Clark Kent do the same for the Daily Planet?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, since Superman can make the earth reverse orbit, and turn back time a la Superman I, he should have no issues doing everything and making deadline. :D

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sorry Clark, you can't have a raise this year. The Warfields need bigger bonuses.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Oh, my, a Quest for Peace reference.

On a tangent, for those who actually work for a living and don't read comic books while on welfare (like I do), one interesting subplot of the new Superman comics is the ethics of Clark Kent covering his own exploits as Superman. I didn't find out the resolution before quitting the book, because the new 52 sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted