1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the old GEICO caveman commercials weren't enough ***

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Sep 9, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The caveman campaign has outlived its usefulness... Warren Wallace and the gecko are classics.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Awesome.

The first time I saw that, I thought that was one of the greatest commercial lines ever. It has lost its appeal, but it's still pretty good.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK fine I'll be the voice of dissent. I think the new commercials are great. And the one at the beach is fucking hilarious...just his face and the tone of his voice cracks me up every time.

Geico = still bringing its A game.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Watch and learn, chumps.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Lauren. Lauren. Lauren. Not Warren.

Anyway, the Wallace commercials outside the garage are gold. The "ready to strike" one is probably my favorite for the use of the word "son."

But the cavemen need to die.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

The fantasy football/golf caveman commercial is hilarious.

"Ya, we know you invented the wheel. Can you just hit?"

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ahem, with a guy, it's Loren.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ahem, I have the hero card and one of the writers at my old place did a story on the kid. It's Lauren.

Huh. The hero cards say Lauren (I've seen one. Looked for it, think I gave them all to the guys on the desk at my old job). The Geico site says Loren. Weird. Both done by Geico. They need help with copy editing!

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You're hired!

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Sorry Moddy, the Gecko isn't funny. IMO, the caveman was hilarious at first and the Billie Jean King commercial is funny because you see the caveman's hairy legs which is grossly hilarious.

The best commercial they ever had was before the caveman and gecko... the one with the laughing Airdale. That was an awesome commercial.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hate racing and the Wallace commercials crack me up.

Draft saved Draft deleted