1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the old GEICO caveman commercials weren't enough ***

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

*** the new set may send me over the edge. GEICO could pay me and I wouldn't use its insurance.
    The Billie Jean King one with "scoreboard" is particularly grating for some reason.

Stick with the gecko, please.
  2. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll be in the car.
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Geico is starting to hit a slump in its commercials. Did they get a new agency? The one with the go-kart kid and Mark Martin is lame, and the psychedelic caveman one is even worse. The beach and BJK ones are fine, but not up to the old standards, when Geico never missed with its ads.
  4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How soon before they have the gecko get run over by the go-cart kid and then the caveman comes along and beats the crap out of the go-cart kid for killling the gecko.
  5. dooley_womack1

There you go! You should be writing for them. Oh yeah, I forgot, the Steve Irwin ripoff bits suck, too.
  6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Geico has lost its fastball in the ad department and is turning into a junk ball pitcher.
  7. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Then may the AFLAC duck peck the caveman to death.

I'm with Moddy: Stick with the gecko.
  8. KG

KG Active Member

You mean Mike (sometimes Rusty too) Wallace? I think theY are lame too, but "Lauren Wallace" is awesome.
  9. dooley_womack1

Yeah, him too
  10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The Warren Wallace commercials crack me up.

The caveman commercials used to.
  11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Wallace commercials are priceless.
    "I'm a hundred miles away, son, ready to strike."
    "When it comes to Mike Wallace, the story ends with me putting him in the wall."

Great stuff. The gecko spots are generally good, too.

How can a company see those and think these cavemen are funny? Yeesh. Every time that clown squeaks "scoreboard," I want to throw something through the TV.
  12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Companies never seem to learn that beating a good concept into the ground eventually works against you (see Energizer Bunny). Seems especially unnecessary for Geico, which has some other campaigns to fall back on.
Draft saved Draft deleted