1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Mounties don't get their man, this guy sure will

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 17, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not to threadjack, but I had some dealings with a couple of guys like this, once.

We lost a VERY expensive bull once; he got through a hole in the fence. Expensive to the tune of about 50 grand. But he was far more valuable than the 50 or so we paid for him. We couldn't find him, anywhere. We searched the entire county, every farm in the land. When my folks got desperate to find him, they called these trackers to come find him. They where these big, burly dudes with thick beards and untrimmed mustaches. They wore the long, oiled, western duster jackets and leather hats. They had rifles slung in their saddles and ropes tucked into saddlebags. They got out of their trucks, RODE their horses out of the trailer, told my step-dad they'd find him and pushed their way through the brush.

Three days later the trackers found him in a pasture where he'd closed up a few gaps in some farmer's cows. That dude made a lot of money off a bull that wandered into his pasture.

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

See, the story of two trackers hunting a lost, priceless bull for three days and finding him... That's a great story right there. Great stories are everywhere.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Cormac McCarthy story.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And less than 12,000 words! (Hi Jonesy!)

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I thought Dog the Bounty Hunter already had a show ...

Draft saved Draft deleted