1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If The Higher Religious Entity is so good, why does he/she/it do terrible things

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jul 28, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Re: If The Higher Religious Entity is so good, why does he/she/it do terrible th

Sorry UT, but if you don't know what 'death' is - and they didn't - how is it a fair warning?

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

No apologies, I didn't write it. :)

I don't see any evidence either way. I just wanted point out that they were told some sort of punishment was coming if they did it.

3. eiregi

eiregi Member

this thread really got to me. i can see where responses could be both negative and positive to hb's original post. i too have questioned the higher up, especially since i've got a brother who's my charge that is autistic... but over the years he's taught me about being a better person than anyone else has taught me, and i've become a better person because of him. He has his 'habits' like freaking if dinner isn't at 6 pm, leaving the medicine cabinet door open every morning sliding the 'post it note' to shut the door to name but a few, but yet through a my father's friends from his college years in the 50's is a beloved employee in our state law library court system (not a prisoner!!!). a month ago my nephew graduated from high school and the party was held in a former monastery that was converted to a senior living area where his grandma lives.... (ex-wife of my brother's mother), my nephew's aunt (challenged) and uncle (with his challenged wife) where there and i marveled and looked back how i was lucky to know them then and years later now... maybe it was the monastery. people at work have called me 'level' for years... they say i don't flummoxed over anything, i think it's because of the "gift" that (someone and someone's gave me) gave me... it does keep me even keeled... i learned early on to question "God" when in the early 70's my mom passed suddenly... but now i see even though i knew her i for only nine years... she taught me lessons through her and my father. like for example, when i was five, i passed gas in the local woman's store, mom, after explaining passing gas to the five year old (did you pass gas?... huh?... did you break wind?... huh?... did you fart?... yes) made sit in aisle and she explained to passer-bys that i was responsible.... got the message! my father told me on the night of my mom's passing, this is your family... and i thank him to this day, because regardless if you question "why did "God" do this?", you realize that tomorrow is another day and you go on be thankful for what you experienced. my siblings, in some way have benefited from loss and burdens, but we are so close, that friends marvel over it. sorry for the long post, i don't want take sides and question any your responses, just answering the op, and i don't think i answered his question, because in some ways it can a be gift and a burden, but the gifts are 90% versus 10% burden. oh... and if you have kids in the 6-8 year range, if they pick up swear words from older kin, have them explain the meaning of each word in front of grandma.... to this day i do not cuss in public because of that episode. once again, sorry for the long post, but it did feel good to write.

Draft saved Draft deleted