1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Colts lose ... Would you consider trading Peyton Manning?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It would be a lot of fun to watch Brady and Manning switch places for a season. I'd love to see Brady have the weapons Peyton does, and Peyton have the odds against him and a coach who wouldn't let him whine and, in some respects, walk all over him. Brady throws the best deep ball in the game. That's easy to overlook, because most of the time he just picks teams apart with 10 to 15 yard routes, but he can fling it. To see him throw to Harrison, Wayne, Stokley and Clark, would be a thing of beauty.

At the same time, it would be fun to watch Peyton play in an offense where he was not allowed to audible every play, and wasn't allowed to over think things, especially under pressure. I think Manning reads coverage better than anyone, and has more "throws" in his arsenal than any QB. But if you get him into a chess match, pressure him, bluff pressure him, make him over think things, make him audible out of good plays, you can rattle him.

The title of this thread is moronic, and anyone who believes such a thing is possible has no understanding of how the salary cap works, and needs to separate reality from fantasy keeper leagues. The man got a $33 million signing bonus. I'm sure the rest of the league would love it if the Colts had to cut 12 starting players just to get under the 2008 cap once that bonus was accelerated.

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Indianapolis held the opposition to 20 or less points in seven of 17 games. Three touchdowns wins the game 41 percent of the time.

In five other games, the Colts held opponents to 21 or 22 points.

So that's 12 of 17 games (71 percent) where 23 points would have won the game. A little more than 20 percent.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. Some radio goofball the other day said the only thing Roethlisberger did to help win that Super Bowl last year was the game-saving tackle against the Colts. Never mind that the Steelers managed to win pretty much without a running game in Indianapolis and Denver.

That said, Manning definitely takes unfair amounts of crap. But I still wouldn't feel good about his chances if the Colts end up facing the Patriots next week.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Give Manning credit for cutting out the gesticulations.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

They just started again.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Tourette's?

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It's galling how people ignore the facts.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How does a thread with this stupid of a premise still have life?

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Especially since the Colts have won twice, defying the NFL experts here.

Guess it's harder when someone can't wait until after a game, then claim to be right.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, Brady wouldn't have near the same rep had Vanderjagt been kicking for the Pats. And Manning wouldn't have near the same rep had Vinatieri been kicking for the Colts before this season.

11. And Manning wouldn't have the same rep if his defense didn't suck.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Because idiots like us keep posting on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted