1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Chiefs need a goalie ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 13, 2013.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You make me sick when you speak.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is going to end with news that the coach is fucking somebody's mom -- or maybe multiple moms. It just has to.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Fucking paper route, here I come!

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This isn't art. It's sex!

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Other players knew:

Krause posted on Facebook after the game that he had had a running dispute with head coach Keith Revels and the Farmington coaching staff over playing time, and had talked with his teammates about his plan to score an own-goal before the game.

On his Facebook page, Krause wrote:

“They played this sophomore goalie for the starter, he was terrible, I would try and talk to the coaches about this and tell them I want playing time but they never really listen to me or gave me a chance to show them that I'm a better goalie but still wouldn't trust me so I had it it with I asked a few of my players if they care if I did it and they didn't care they thought it would be funny so at the third period they dumped it in I stopped it put in my net started to skate off then flicked the coaches not the team the coaches then I saluted them then got off.”

http://www.farmingtonindependent.com/event/article/id/22263/publisher_ID/7/

All sides now:

For those of us who had a problem with their high school coach at some point, what Krause did took courage. In no way am I trying to make him a hero here, but Krause took the "stand in line and be a good soldier" turned it around and shoved it right back in the face of the entire hockey world including his team.

Good team guy? Not a chance, but a part of me on the inside is standing and applauding and saying ‘good for you kid, good for you'.

Back in the early 90's I played basketball (not very well) at a small town school in Minnesota. I should rephrase. I sat on the bench, but basketball was my passion just as I am sure hockey was Krause's. So sick of not being given an opportunity (although not really working for one either), I made the decision to quit after a game during my junior year. I was so mentally cooked that I didn't even take time to think things over. If I would have thought about scoring a bucket in the opposing basket, I probably would have done it before walking off the court. What I am trying to say is that I have been there, which is why I can understand how he got to the point he is at emotionally.

Response to Kraus' exit has been wide spanning from congrats, to he will never get a job anywhere. Please people, if I were starting a company I'd want more guys like Krause working for me and I'd hire him in a minute. We need more passionate people who aren't afraid to put themselves out there and stand up for what they believe in popular or not.

Read more: In defense of Farmington goalie Austin Krause - KMSP-TV http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/21164305/goalie-deserves-standing-o-not-fire-and-brimstone#ixzz2KoMmw2dp

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

:)

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The earlier this kid realizes he sucks, the better it'll be for him. Whiny brat. But this is kids today, is it not? I didn't get what I wanted, so I'll make a spectacle.

Also, high school hockey blog? Wow.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

"I say, 'Who own the Chiefs."

"What did he say?"

"Owwwwwwwwwwwwwns, owwwwwwwwwwwwns"

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude, it's Minnesota. People take vacation days at work to watch the state tournament.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

a) from the game stats there is certainly no evidence that Krause was dramatically better than the younger kids. If anything the stats (better WL, better GAA, better save %) indicate Overby (the soph?) is slightly better than him, although of course sample size is small and there could be schedule disparities.

b) Yeah, personally, if I was the coach, if I had a senior and two underclassmen with roughly equal stats, the senior would play more. Generally you want to reward seniors as an incentive for kids to stick with the program. But maybe not if the team was moving into a tougher league in upcoming seasons.

c) "what he believes in" is "I should get to play."

d) In 20 games Overby has played 50 more minutes than Krause. It's not like Krause had been planted down on the end of the bench and all the PT given to Overby.

e) A lot of coaches I know have a policy that unless they know a senior is going to start and get a lot of PT, they CUT him. Precisely to avoid headaches like this.

Sometimes they call the kid in and say, "Here's the deal. You aren't going to play much. If you want to stay on the team, still wear the uniform, big-deal it with the girls, it's OK with me, but you have to know right now you're not getting much PT, so I don't want to hear any bitching about it -- not one word. If that's OK with you it's OK with me. Otherwise, so long."

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The guy who wrote this is a fucking idiot along with being a shitty basketball player and a quitter.

Yeah, if I start a business the FIRST thing I'm going to do is hire a bunch of whiny little bitches who are going to pack up and quit the first time they don't get their way.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I thought Patrick Roy was done having kids...looks like he has another one to adopt.

Draft saved Draft deleted