1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If that ball lands in my yard again I'm keeping it - you'll get arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Awesome!
    Can't wait to see how this plays out.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I came into this expecting it to be about McCain's anger.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Repped for real talk.

4. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

What's the statute of limitations on something like this? There are two dead people from my old neighborhood who were multiple offenders. I would like restitution from their estates. What would the interest be for a half-dozen tennis balls, a basketball, three baseballs and a red playground ball? Compounded over 30 years, of course.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Why is she guilty?

I'm with the old lady on this one.

What, was she quicker than the boys getting to the fumble and getting it into the house?

Maybe if they volunteered to cut her grass instead of calling the cops on her, things would be a little nicer in Ohio, and they would have their ball back.

6. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

The Cincinnati Bengals are in contract talks with her as we speak.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The old lady is right on this one. Cranky and crabby, but right.
    Back in my day, a ball went in the yard and we either snuck in there when no one was looking or just let it go. If it happened a couple times and the old person was bitchy about it, we left for a while. If we had called the cops, they'd have told us the same thing and gotten pissed for wasting their time.
    What asshat cop thought it was good idea to arrest this woman?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I assume you mean because she now has a record?

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Father who reported the old lady should have gone to her door, holding the kid by the scruff of his neck, forcing him to apologize and ask in the nicest way possible for the football back. I like 93Devil's point about offering to cut her grass, too.

When I was a kid, my old man would have done that -- and worse, probably grounding me or withholding privileges or otherwise kicking me in the ass. I'd be in trouble for what I did and I'd be in trouble, too, for embarrassing the family. Nowadays, parents of the little darlings take any neighbor criticism as some referendum on their parenting skills and side with the brats.

Crack down on your delinquent or buy the brat a new football, ya wienie. Don't call the cops on an 89-year-old.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

These guys would get it back:

[​IMG]

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hell, I'm just thrilled to read about kids playing outdoors. Was their XBox on the fritz?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice

Draft saved Draft deleted