1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Taco Bell could add one more ingredient ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Anybody remember the Ranco Steak Burrito? Mid-90s run. Fantastic. That being said, I think I've eaten there once in five years.

Oh, and I worked there for a not so miserable six months back in college (at the off-campus one on the other side of town, thank god).

Anyway, most of the rest of the crew were townies. we'd have to stay open until 3 a.m. on friday/saturday to accomodate the drunks.

when the kids would roll through the drive thru at 245, this kid billy didn't take it well. He prolly needed to get back to his meth lab trailer.

let me put it to you this way. if you stopped by this certain taco bell after the bars closed on the nights he worked, the amount of human saliva on your taco was proportional to how big a douche you were while you ordered.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If it isn't steak, then what is it?

And I know you weren't talking about fajitas.

Jesus fucking christ!!!

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

You can use any cut of beef. Flank steak and skirt steak are most common. The Rick Bayless cookbook I have suggests neither -- he suggests tenderloin, strip steak or sirloin. My experience is that skirt steak is more common than flank steak for carne asada.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you really need a hug, don't you?

5. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Weird thing I noticed about Taco Bell when I was in Idaho:

The combos that regularly come with an additional taco instead come with these small seasoned bite-size potatoes.
    Only in Idaho.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Be careful if he's eaten at Taco Bell tonight.

you--and he--might get more than you bargained for.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

In one of my stops, they did french fries. For serious. The combos came with either regular fries or nachos supreme, and for 49 cents or something you could get fries supreme, which is the nacho supreme goo on the fries. Not good, not bad. Fries had little taste on their own but in ways were better as meat/cheese/stuff catchers than the chips. They no longer offer them.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

don't insult 3-bag's knowledge of food or musicals ... you'll see fire in his eyes. :D

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

*Flips the bird in your general direction*

;)

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I haven't been at a Taco Bell is 15 years but I remember those things well.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Folks, "asada" or "asado" means "roasted."

As in, "Madre, ese, estoy tan pinche asado," or (roughly, not literally) "Damn, dude, I am so fucking roasted."

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

come on, take the hug you bastard.

Draft saved Draft deleted