1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Piers Morgan went off the air very soon, what difference would it make?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 24, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Because he is.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/23/piers-morgan-live-coming-to-end-cnn-says/

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

CNN should offer Megan Kelly or some other Fox douchebag three times their current pay to come over to the dark side, just to see what happens.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

CNN should focus on the product instead of the name A block news of the day B block: in-depth report on one of the major news items C and D blocks, live interviews of people involved and then a wrap-up.

4. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Not to mention the "when we expect a major announcement, let's sit around and analyze it to death, until said announcement is made, we call it 'breaking news' and analyze it to death some more."

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

News is expensive. Talking heads in a studio are very cheap. That's the whole story of cable news.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

^ Also a huge amount of what passes for "sports journalism" these days.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jay Leno.

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

He will be missed by Taran Killam and that's about it.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing on my drive hime.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've always thought an interesting news show would be setting one in a different town every week. Have a mixture of live local guests and national guests via satellite. Too many of these shows are the same people, who go to the same parties etc.
    I have to think if you aired some shows from different parts of the country, not just DC and NY you would get some different perspectives.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't watch much news or shows as I used to, since pulling the plug on cable in '11. Recently, I was visiting the grandparents and CNN was on the TV screen. Same people, same perspective, and had that DC/NY angle to it.

After five minutes, I flipped to ESPN to watch a game. I got bored hearing a broken record.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Piers Morgan's run on CNN is proof the free market does not always function properly.

Draft saved Draft deleted