1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If O.J. Simpson died tomorrow ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Jun 29, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The difference between MJ and OJ is MJ's accomplishments in music were so great and so far-reaching that his turn to psycho ville is easier to ignore. Also, and I say this in all seriousness, it's easy for people like me to say "Well, Black Michael was awesome, White Michael touched the kids." In mourning MJ's death, I'm choosing to focus on Black Michael's accomplishments and the way he made me feel (pun intended) with his music.

OJ is, by and large, the same guy we remember sitting in a court room that one summer. His death would be linked much, much closer to his 'bad' persona (pun intended again) than Jackson's.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Oh come now! Nordberg deserved an Oscar!

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'll say this - Nordberg in the "Naked Gun" movies was way funnier/more watchable than Nordberg on the "Police Squad" TV show.

Granted, "Police Squad," because it lasted all of six episodes, didn't have much of an opportunity to give Nordberg any kind of substance. But I find it hard to imagine that the character could ever have been on the small screen what he became as portrayed by O.J.

Who, nevertheless, is still a psychopathic, murderous bastard.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

FREE THE JUICE NOW!!!!!

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, I actually think you're serious.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I am. He's a harmless old man. LET THE JUICE GO!!!!

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You know, for years I was on the fence, but now I'm pretty much in the "troll" camp.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, he's harmless, tell that to Nicole and Ron Goldman.

What about the armed robbery?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've got my doubts about Nicole and Ron as for the armed robbery, well it was a stupid thing but the punishment is a bit harsh. IMO

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I always wondered what kind of people were on that jury ... it all makes sense now.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Arnold, people are different.

Draft saved Draft deleted