1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If MSNBC went off the air tomorrow, what difference would it make?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Ratings drive that you know. Which is why Fox can get away with it and MSNBC can't. By the way, why do journalists fall in the trap of labeling FOX as an acronym like NBC, CBS and ABC when it doesn't stand for anything? Shows you the power of logos, I guess.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fascist Oligarchist Xenophobia.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is some pure awesomeness.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/exclusive-alec-baldwin-arrested-in-new-york-for-disorderly-conduct-38200

Alec Baldwin got stopped by cops for riding his bike the wrong way on 5th Avenue this morning. Apparently, when they asked him for ID, he didn't have any and he went ballistic, ending up cuffed and in the back of the cruiser with a disorderly conduct charge tacked onto the other summons.

Since then, he has been tweeting away:

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Who? Guess that answers the thread title question for me. Used to kind of enjoy MSNBC. Can't recall the last time I watched. CNN is the only 24-hour cable outlet worth watching anymore, and that's iffy most of the time.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I watch no cable news whatsoever, and am all the happier for it. It's all just a racket to either piss people off, scare the piss out of them or both so they'll watch commercials. I've posted this before, but MSNBC is the only one of the three with a median viewer age younger than my 65. It's 63.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I get most of my news from sj.com.

I am concerned that it is warping me.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Trump-slurping f****t Scarborough with his stupid-bitch sidekick has been running the show at MSNBC over two years now.

The corporate c**ts of Comcast who run the whole package seem to think he's some kind of ratings titan or something. His ratings are about the same as Summer's Eve infomercials and contain the same nutritional value.

Blow it up. Pull the plug.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You're a good dude. I can tell.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There's a job opening at Yelp.

Draft saved Draft deleted