1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If it works in middle school, maybe it'll work for the Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is anyone sure this was legal? What are the NFHS rules for snapping the ball? In the NCAA, a snap must be quick and continuous, and the ball can't be lifted.

2. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

I want to know what middle school plays on a beautiful turf field with bleachers high enough to make that camera angle possible. I think my middle school was lucky if the field had lines.

3. Here's a team that tried to pull the wrong ball play only to have it blow up in their face. Obviously some coach taught No. 42 well ;D

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I thought when I watched the play. Christ, it's a nicer field than a number of Canadian universities play on.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm sure it's a high school stadium and there are several high school stadiums in Texas that would rival FCS facilities.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Ethan Sacks of the NY Daily News gets so many things wrong in his lead about the play. It's hook and lateral, and it's Fumblerooski. The Music City Miracle wasn't a trick play either. Sacks' Twitter page lists him covering sci fi, horror and comic books, so I wouldn't expect him to know anything about sports. He should write a sex column, because comic book guys would know about that as well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2010/11/08/2010-11-08_amazing_video_driscol_middle_school_football_team_unleashes_trick_play_for_the_a.html

Draft saved Draft deleted