1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If it works in middle school, maybe it'll work for the Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 8, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This may be a big d_b but it's pretty cute.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It will be banned next season.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The Dallas Cowboys will be banned next season. Awesome

It's like the kids on the other team are going, "Hey, where's that dude going with the ball? Is he going home?"

4. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Makes me wonder what's happened to coaching. When I started playing back in 7th grade, our coach drilled in our heads on the defensive line as soon as the offense is set and the center moves the ball you knock somebody down.
    Didn't matter how he moves it. On this play, the QB might have still scored, but there would be at least four offensive linemen who never saw it.

5. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Gotta agree with Joe. That's poor coaching.
    As the play started, I was wondering which defensive player was going to plaster the QB. How could all of them just stand there?

6. I know I come off as the curmudgeon here, but what in the hell is a middle school coach doing designing trick plays? Looking for his big break as the JV assistant coach? "Hey coach, it worked. Nice job. You can trick a 12 year old. Congrats buddy. I see big things for you."

7. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Haha @ PP -- Maybe he just really wanted to beat that particular team?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you are being a curmudgeon, then I am one, too. Completely agree with you on this one.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What a lame-ass thing to do. If I were that principal, I'd relieve that coach of his gig the minute the kids were out of earshot. Clearly he's not interested in coaching football and teaching sportsmanship. Rather, he's trying to make the highlight films.

10. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Did anybody catch at 0:19 where the kid finishes the epic win with an epic fail?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Overreact much?

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't think so, but I'm open to argument. What in the world was the coach thinking as he conceived of that play? I doubt anything legitimately football-related. It seems obvious to me that coach was thinking, hey, let's see if we can dupe a bunch a middle-school kids and maybe make ESPN in the process!

Draft saved Draft deleted