1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If It Staggers Like A Duck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Eat shit. And then draw!

2. Be careful - nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

3. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Doesn't wear pants and is Irish. I've got a feeling he swings to the left.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Evil Bastard,
    I don't recall you responding to the posts about Bush's DUI arrest in this thread. Was he unworthy of election? Was Cheney an unacceptable VP pick because of his two DUI busts? Does the fact that they didn't kill anyone while drunk make their decision to drive any more or less acceptable than Kennedy's?

I'm not going to defend Kennedy's actions in Chappaquidick, but anyone who's ever driven drunk (including our President and Vice President) should look at him and say, "There but for the grace of God go I." No, Kennedy didn't pay the full price for his actions. The incident might have cost him the nomination, but that's hardly any comfort to Kopechne's family. And Craig MacTavish only did a year of time for killing a woman while he was driving drunk in the early '80s. Then he got out and made millions of dollars playing and coaching pro hockey. I'm sure the victim's family isn't thrilled that he's gone on to such a long, successful career, either.

Does it gnaw at you that MacTavish has a job in pro hockey, that he was one game away from winning yet another Stanley Cup? Do you write letters to the Oilers and post on their message boards expressing outrage that he's in their employ? Or are you just interested in being outraged about Kennedy because he's a political enemy, and for nearly 40 years, bringing up Chappaquiddick has been what conservatives do when they want to land a great, legitimate insult? Let's hear what you've got to say about Bush, Cheney and all the other besotted drivers who have gone on to live productive, successful lives in this country, all across the political and social spectrum.

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Not to interrupt the wonderful bickering, but I figured when I opened this thread it would be about one of my own...

;D ;D

6. We interrupt Chris's regularly scheduled whining to point out that this one is funnier than Tinsley expected, too.
    http://www.jewishworldreview.com/strips/mallard/2000/MFT20061127.jpg

7. Fenian - almost by definition - every one of his cartoons is funnier than expected because nobody expects the cartoons to be funny. Any laughs got by reading them are always unintentional.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Has no comment at this time.

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

[​IMG]

This entire thread is douchebaggery at its finest, eh?

Draft saved Draft deleted