1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If It Staggers Like A Duck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 12, 2006.

1. And tiny things loom large in small minds.

I guess that explains why you are so fascinated by stories of soy and drunk driving by cartoonists nobody reads.

Thank you so much for trying to foist these tiny issues upon us too.

2. You're quite welcome.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

But God Chris you're a douchebag.

But please, continue proving the point.

4. zeke what is it that makes you think Fenian needs you scurrying over to his defense or to suck up to him at every chance?

Fenian starts a thread about a cartoonist that nobody reads who gets a DUI simply because the cartoonist leans Republican. Is Fenian anti-DUI or anti-Republican? Well I remember Fenian saying he was proud to vote for Ted Kennedy on a thread (Mary Jo Kopechne says "hey") but I don't recall him saying a peep about Patrick Kennedy when he was drunk driving. So I guess its just Republicans that Fenian feels morally correct in looking down on. I point that out and if that makes me a douchebag in your eyes - well I can't begin to tell you how badly that hurts my feelings. I mean I come here for validation from guys just like you. Now you'll probably come back and say that I just further proved your point and that barb will hurt me so bad that the next time you ask me if I want fries with that - well I'm not sure if I will even be able to look you in the eyes because you have wounded me so badly.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It has nothing to do with "defending" anyone.

You're a complete fucking douchebag.

Congratulations.

6. Boo hoo - what ever will I do now? zeke doesn't like me. Boo hoo - I think I'll cry.

Does this stem from the time I made fun of you because of the government cheese thing?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It has to do with you being a fucking douchebag.

8. Is it because I made fun of you because you cried poverty about people having to get government ID's in order to vote and you said that you might not be able to scape up the pennies?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Still being a douchebag, I see.

10. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this. I mean when a poster with your worldly experience decides to come into a thread just to call me a douchebag - well I want to know why. If it wasn't coming to defend Fenian - what was it? What turns a guy like you into an thread vigilante? Do you fancy yourself an Internet tough-guy or do you somehow consider yourself the keeper of standards here? What makes a guy like you swell with such self-importance? Inquiring minds want to know.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There are a handful of guys who fancy themselves deputies, and decide it's their job to step into arguments or declare which threads are worthy of existance and which should be stricken from the tubes that make up the internet that gets sent to people. The only way to solve it is with a showdown at high noon.

12. Who asked you?

Draft saved Draft deleted