1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If It Staggers Like A Duck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

That's a strange word. I get that the guy's not particularly funny...but what's hypocritical about that?

And for the record, I don't think I've ever lived in a city with Mallard Fillmore in the paper; "Family Circus" is the only unfunny "conservative" comic with which I'm familiar.

2. 400 papers?
    You have to have seen it somewhere.
    I go for The Family Circus because it has so many ghosts.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I've certainly seen it before; just saying I'm not a regular reader. Never worked for a paper that carries it, as far as I know. But it's been a while since I looked at my rag's funnies.

4. Fenian - simple question - is drunk driving as bad an offense if the person is a Democrat as it is if the person is a Republican? Please just answer the question

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It certainly is.

Republicans are more likely to be driving big, heavy, expensive, gas guzzling behemoths, so the risk to innocent people and property is much greater than if some hippy swerves his Vespa into a telephone pole.

6. Drunk driving is bad.
    Very bad.
    Extremely bad.
    As are Mallard Fillmore, soy milk, and your att
    Drunk driving is bad.
    Very bad.
    Extremely bad.
    Mallard Fillmore bad.
    Rumsfeld bad.
    Fredo bad.
    That's how bad it is.

7. Would killing someone in a drunk driving accident keep you from voting for a candidate or are you all talk and no moral compass?

8. If I killed someone in a drunk-driving accident, I would be unable to vote as I would be a convicted felon.

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

But if you don't kill someone, you're good to go as Republican presidential ticket material. Remember, three DUIs combined for the current Prez/VP combo.

10. Of course, it's time for Dean Vernon Wormer to chime in again here.

11. Nice way to evade the question but I think you know where I was going and I think you know it would show you to be a man of no principle - just partisanship.

12. Clarity of thought and expression are signs of a sophisticated mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted