1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If It Staggers Like A Duck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Hah hah - Fenian plays the word police once again. When you vote for ted - does it ever bother you that he killed that poor girl? I mean since you are playing the MADD advocate here and all.

2. JR - are your ex-wives out of the battered women's shelters yet?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, good, now we get to play the "I have nothing relevant to say and all my former heroes have turned out to be liars and frauds" game with Chris. Always a treat to have him around.

4. Yes, I began this thread, not to mock an unfunny "conservative" comic strip artist who'd be scrawling on walls and picket fences if it wasn't for Wingnut Welfare, for being a hypocrite. but as a serious argument on the topic of drunk-driving.
    Here's today's strip, by the way. Given the current context, I'm fairly sure it's funnier than Tinsley intended it to be.
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/mallard.asp?date=

5. Speaking of being a liar and a fraud - you plan to come out of the closet any time soon? You know - quit living a lie.

True story to share with the board - I was up in Toronto and contacted JR to see if he wanted to grab a beer. He said he had prior plans but asked me what I planned to do. Since the Blue Jays were out of town - I planned to grab dinner and maybe go to a strip club (hey when in Canada). JR recommended a strip club near my hotel. Good thing I checked the club out on the Internet because it turned out to be an all-male gay caberet. JR claimed it was an honest mistake.

Maybe that's why you beat your ex-wives. You were frustrated with yourself for not having the courage to come out of the closet.

Still not convinced? When JR and I met the first time - he had us meet at a bar called Spotted Dick. He said it was his favorite place.

All true. All true.

6. Somebody less funny than Bruce Tinsley.
    The mind reels.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That JR is quite the prankster.

I'm not sure gay men would embrace a pub called the Spotted Dick, though.

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

What the hell is the matter with you, anyway?

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

He had a lot of soy milk as a child.

10. Sorry Fenian - but I don't recall you starting a similar thread when Patrick Kennedy had to get driven home from his car wreck. Is drunk driving just bad if the person doing it is Republican? Can you give us an honest answer or we to just assume you will always be a hypocrite?

11. Well for one - when someone recommends a strip club to me I expect to see G-strings not bannana hammocks.

12. That's the other useful thread Fenian started not this one.

This one is about his hypocricy when it comes to drunk drivers.

Draft saved Draft deleted