1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If it is good for America, why isn't it good for Congress and the president?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two words: Card. Check.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In a representative republic, listening to what your presidential candidates say, and you know, actually basing your vote on that is a duty. People either wanted health care reform or if they didn't, deserve what they get because they didn't do they duty in a representative republic. Other than a bunch of loud-ass teabaggers, I'm not swayed that there's some massive majority that's having something crammed that they don't want crammed.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I for one welcome our communist overlords.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Ah, the logic and wisdom of Victoria Jackson.

5. dooley_womack1

Now the metaphorical golf tour has reached silly season. What's next, pics from the Gulag Archipelago, or of Tianamen Square? As Fenian would say, communism being defined by people who wouldn't know the definition if Samuel Gompers yelled it in their face.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Of course you're not swayed. You're an admitted Ted Kennedy liberal, so you view the masses as generally ignorant and the government as the only thing that's right and good in America.

7. If you love the masses so much, why does the GOP wet the bed about union card check? I mean, power to the people, right? Let them decide.

8. dooley_womack1

No, I like the masses just fine. They voted for Obama, who talked about his health care plan for three years, en masse. So you're basically saying the masses were too ignorant to hear what he was saying and know that's what he planned to do? For shame!

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Working for Pravda can't be worse than working for Gannett, can it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. dooley_womack1

Damn straight, comrade.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So everyone who voted for Obama did so because of his health-care plan? And are voters not allowed to change their mind? I'm sure the Dems would love to have that written into law while they have majorities in both houses of Congress.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I could argue with that comrade.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.