1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If it is good for America, why isn't it good for Congress and the president?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

But his kindergarten records aren't.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Record keeping in Kenya apparently isn't up to snuff.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Funny thing about that whole "rushing into a bloodbath" argument is that it had bipartisan support and I don't recall the GOP using parliamentary hocus-pocus to sneak shit through either.

Try again.

4. dooley_womack1

Yeah, that yellow-cake uranium in Niger thing was way on the up and up.

5. Armchair_QB

If I felt up to it, I'd pull out Boom's list of quotes from Clinton, Daschle, Kerry & Co. regarding Iraq's WMD program.

Oh, that's right, their just poor ignorant liberals who were duped by George W. Bush.

6. dooley_womack1

Well, when your sources are lying their asses off, the whole process involving entering Iraq is fruit of the poison tree.

In this case, Obama has said for three years that the hallmark of his presidency would be getting a health care bill passed, and has laid out how he would do it. He has compromised at numerous turns. He learned the lessons of what LBJ faced with the segregationists in the Senate and rightfully is dodging the perniciousness of the filibuster, with the Republicans making clear that if Obama proposed a bill that the sun should rise in the morning, they'd filibuster it.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I wish more liberals were honest about how little they cared about what people wanted. Your take was refreshing, dools.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

To what I'm sure is your great annoyance, the Dem leadership has abandoned the deemed to pass idea, so you'll need to find something else to complain about.

You could go with reconciliation, but if you do, I'm gonna have to go ahead and bring up the Bush tax cuts.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Also, dools, when the fuck has the government ever been accountable for anything?

10. Armchair_QB

So they finally bribed enough Dems to vote for it? Didn't know that.

Can't wait to see who whored out their votes.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Every election. Other than that, never.

12. Um, the second Tuesday of every November?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.