1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I'm going to out myself, I'm going to do so via massive home run catch fail!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not going to write too much about this, because this is column fodder for the Bubbler mothership, but yes, that's me in the blue Brewers shirt getting my hands on the Edwin Encarnacion home run ball in this clip ...

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200907165580449&c_id=cin

The only time in my life I got my hands on a potential home run ball ... and I blew it. Although the video justifies that I at least had to reach for it. I had it sighted all the way too ... FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!

At least the Brewers won. And the dickhead Cub fan (are they everyfuckingwhere?) who kept yelling "fat boy" at Prince Fielder got to look at the back of my Fielder T-shirt when he jacked a three-run home run. Eat that, you annoying motherfucking Cub asshole!

And you didn't get the home run ball either you little bitch!

Yes ... I'm bitter as hell I didn't pull that one in.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I can't tell from the video, but did that deflect off your hand and then bounce into the seats or did that just barely sail over your head?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Potential real-life IDs for Bubbler:

1.) Geddy Lee
    2.) Neil Peart
    3.) Zack Hample

4.) Henry Lee Summer

4. Bubbler

Re: If I'm going to out myself, I'm going to do so via massive home run catch fa

It definitely deflected off my hand. My right hand to be specific, my right thumb got jammed in the effort to catch it. It's pretty swollen right now, but will be fine.

I have to say the video exonerates me a tiny bit. I at least had to lean for it. My recall was that I only got my right hand up, but it clearly shows I tried to get my left hand involved. Of course, I replayed the entire thing every other second on the three-hour drive home.

A dude a few seats down from me got the ball after it hit my hand and richocheted off the cement behind us. He later gave it to some kid from another section when he came and asked for it.

Had I known that, I would've sent my own kid down to ask to see it.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Bubbler is Dick Stuart, hands of stone.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That was Bartman-esque fail, sir.

7. Bubbler

Lost in all of this was that I saw Joey Votto hit what was probably the longest home run I've ever seen in person. He hit a 471-foot atom bomb off the top of the smokestacks in right-center.

Of course, I didn't know how long Votto's HR was until I got home, since the morons at Great American Ballpark never showed the distance.

Prince Fielder also pulled a foul ball out of the stadium to right field. So far as I know, it might be at the bottom of the Ohio River. It was a gargantuan blast.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: If I'm going to out myself, I'm going to do so via massive home run catch fa

You call that a "fail"? Did you really get both hands on that?

Don't want you scoring my kid's softball games.

LOL

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Could tell jack from that clip. But I do know Wal-Mart was offering $10,000 for that home run ball.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Save it for you blog, Happy: http://thehappyyoungster.mlblogs.com/

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Typical Brewer play...

At least we know Bubbler isn't Peter King.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, at least it wasn't a home run ball worth hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

Draft saved Draft deleted