1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I were a GM

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jul 9, 2007.

?

What sport would you choose if you could be a team GM?

1. Baseball

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Football

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Basketball

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Hockey

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

me too. i think that's a unique view among SportsJournalists.commers though. ask the general public and they'd pick NFL.

i voted for baseball because i love baseball. i also think the idea of trying to plot six moves ahead by building a minor league system would be appealing, although you could probably get pretty frustrated when guys don't pan out. that said, i have some specific ideas about how to build a farm system that i'm just waiting to implement if a team ever hires me to be GM. i'm counting on a friend i know who is a successful entrepreneur to buy a baseball team in about 20 years and make me GM, or at least chief legal counsel.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well, someone's got to take hockey.

The sad thing is, I've played NHL video games as solely the GM, making deals and shifting lines between games, but not actually controlling the team as they play.

And even sadder, I won the Cup.....

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Take a wild guess.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Well I have some experience in this area in hockey - junior hockey to be precise - and it's a whole lot harder than it looks. There are always a lot of balls to keep in the air. Good GMs, in any sport, need good assistants to keep up everything. :)

Having said that, my pick would be baseball, my fave sport.

Draft saved Draft deleted