1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I offended you …

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt1735, Oct 22, 2012.

1. People love to feel better about themselves, but it is too much work for them to get that feeling through rewards based on their work and actions, so they just start placing themselves on the highest of peaks. Because of that, there is a growing number of people who never feel there is the slightest possibility that they could be wrong about anything. Humility is pretty much out the door. Making comments like the one your adversary used basically says "I'm sorry you couldn't handle what I had to say. So sorry for your weakness." which deserves an immediate and swift kick in the balls.

If you would like to see some of them, and don't have any of them in the immediate area, you can just sign up for a facebook account. You will find plenty of them there . . . right around election time. Just respond to any political post with a contrary viewpoint. Then sit back, and wait for the responses and ensuing conversation. :)

P.S., if you don't want to go that route, just look back over the SportsJournalists.com politics board archives. Pick any thread you like. :)

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You can say whatever the hell you want when you say that ... It's in the Geneva Convention!

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Lighten up, Francis.

Without knowing the details of the 'heated dispute,' it sounds like you got your feelings hurt, the colleague apologized for hurting your feelings, but he will not apologize for the initial disagreement.

Completely reasonable.

If I've offended you, I apologize, but I still disagree with you.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"I apologize to all those who were offended by my comments that "Gays should die".

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

"Bless your heart ..." = Southern for "dumbass."

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Dumbass is the kindest thing I've ever heard it standing for!

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That is because (thank goodness) most people cannot read the mind of southern ladies.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"With all due respect, go fuck yourself."

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's nice to be nice to the nice. -- Frank Burns

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

You tell 'em Ferret Face

11. NDub

NDub Guest

Makes me think of that scene in "There Will Be Blood."

Plainview: You don't tell me about my son.
    Tilford: I'm not telling you anything! I'm asking you to be reasonable, if I've offended you I apologize.

Draft saved Draft deleted