1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I had an Oscar nomination vote...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If Lewis isn't nominated, there may be a massive shoving of a left foot up Hollywood's collective arse.

2. Agreed, Simon.

I'd say Lewis is the sure-fire lock nomination.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If Lewis isn't nominated for Best Actor, I'll stop posting for a year.

[/Songbird]

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Problems identical to those of "The English Patient".

And the Academy fell for that piece of offal, too.

5. I agree with most of your choices, though I thought Rescue Dawn was a bit overrated. I was really excited for it, but it left me wanting something more or something different. I think you can make a great case for Zahn, but I'd probably pass on Bale. Although you haven't seen it, I would go with Denzel for American Gangster over Bale.

Was Talk to Me available for this year's awards or last? If so, I loved Cheadle in that one and would probably have him as one of my five also.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Blanchett will win for I'm Not There ... bet your paycheck, mortgage, children.

A tailor-made awards role. And the Academy LOVES her.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Lewis better win, I'm still pissed that he got robbed for Best Supporting for Gangs of New York.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If Julie Christie doesn't win, I'll put a "George Bush is the greatest fucking leader in the history of the free world" on my sig for a month.

9. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

--- what he said. Great actor, very, very fine movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted