1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If anyone wants Chip Ganassi's phone number....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JBHawkEye, May 10, 2007.

1. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Earnhardt to leave DEI after season
    Eds: AMs.
    By JENNA FRYER
    AP Auto Racing Writer
    MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — For Dale Earnhardt Jr., winning is everything. That’s what his daddy taught him.
    And by ditching his namesake company to find a more competitive ride, Junior gave his own lesson in life: Not even blood is thicker than winning.
    NASCAR’s most popular driver ended months of contentious contract negotiations with his stepmother Thursday, announcing he will leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. at the end of the season because he and Teresa Earnhardt can’t agree on a common vision for the family business.
    “It is time for me to continue his legacy in the only way I know I can — by taking the life lessons that he told me: Be a man, race hard and contend for championships,” Junior said. “That’s what I intend to do, and I feel strongly that I would have my father’s blessing.”
    Earnhardt had tried to reach a new deal with his stepmother. But the bargaining turned tense after she publicly questioned his commitment, and Junior later said their relationship “ain’t a bed of roses.”
    So he’ll move on, starting what should be a frenzied free agency period that could shake the sport by causing long-term ripple effects in driver salary and sponsor deals.
    He’s already NASACAR’s highest-paid driver, earning $20.1 million per year, a million more than No. 2 Jeff Gordon.
    And the bidding has already begun.
    “704-662-9642, tell him that’s my phone number,” said car owner Chip Ganassi, who lured Juan Pablo Montoya away from Formula One this season to drive one of his Dodges.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This couldn't have gone on the six pages of Dale Earnhardt thread?

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I just found it interesting that it was included in the AP story, even as a direct quote. Wonder how many calls he gets tomorrow.

4. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I saw that and googled it. It's the shop number.

Draft saved Draft deleted