1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If all four go undefeated...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 5, 2012.

?

... who should make the BCS national championship game?

1. Alabama and Kansas State

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Alabama and Notre Dame

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Alabama and Oregon

52 vote(s)
    60.5%
  4. Kansas State and Notre Dame

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Kansas State and Oregon

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Notre Dame and Oregon

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thing about that OSU win is that Texas still hasn't scored that winning touchdown. If the officials don't blow that call, OSU wins the game.

That was a bigger fuck-up than anything that's benefitted Notre Dame this year.

2. Armchair_QB

They won at Notre Dame and Florida State.

...a lot in the 80s and 90s.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If ifs and butts were candy and nuts....

Bottom line Texas won the darn game. Doesn't really matter HOW they won it. Even if they lost it, would that somehow make third-place Oklahoma State a good team? Sheesh!

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Miami came from behind to beat Boston College and Georgia Tech on the road this season. Those are quality wins for a team loaded with freshmen and sophomores.

The Hurricanes not competing nationally right now. 2014-15 is what matters there. For now, they're trying to have a winning record and perhaps get to the ACC championship game and maybe a bowl game.. a couple of years ahead of schedule.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Boston College and Georgia Tech are a combined 6-12 and it's unlikely either of them will make a bowl.

6. Armchair_QB

I never said it would make OSU a good team. Can't you fucking read?

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Please name all the teams in the Big 12 Conference who you consider a good team. I'm listening.

8. Armchair_QB

Fuck off.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Per usual, no answer.

Fine, I'll spell it out for you.

Kansas State, pretty good. Oklahoma, pretty good, not quite BCS quality.

Texas, mediocre. Texas Tech, mediocre. TCU., mediocre.

West Virginia, worse than mediocre.

Iowa State, overachieves with no talent.

Baylor, poor, about where talent level would dictate.

Kansas, when does basketball season start?

Got it???

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

In all of my time on SportsJournalists.com, I have never laughed as hard at anything anyone has posted on here as I did when I read this. I've been willing to cut you some slack, as I do with just about everyone on here, but not any more. You really don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So what? Isn't that what makes us all one big family.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Just a thing that keeps coming up that I disagree with - A&M does not match up well against Alabama. At all.

They have a redshirt freshman quarterback who struggles when forced to stay in the pocket - something LSU was able to make him do (and he threw how many INTs? I remember it was a lot) - and it's something Alabama should be able to do, too. He's not good at making quick decisions if a D can get pressure. Really, he's not a great thrower yet. He will be. In 2 years, if he stays healthy, Johnny Football should be a hesiman favorite. Bur tight now, he still has serious gaps in his game.

And the A&M defense - not good. They can rush the passer, but Alabama's line should neutralize that to a large extent. They can get gashed on big running plays - and, again, they haven't faced a line like Alabama's. Their secondary is bad. Really. A good pass rush and playing against bad teams like Mississippi State and Auburn disguised it at times, but this is not a good unit.

A&M is by far my favorite team south of the Mason-Dixon and probably my third favorite in all of college football. But - they don't match up well against Alabama. Really. Let's put this to rest.

Draft saved Draft deleted