1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If all four go undefeated...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Versatile, Nov 5, 2012.

?

... who should make the BCS national championship game?

1. Alabama and Kansas State

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Alabama and Notre Dame

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Alabama and Oregon

52 vote(s)
    60.5%
  4. Kansas State and Notre Dame

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Kansas State and Oregon

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Notre Dame and Oregon

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is not like a politics poll. Debate, free speech and hostility are encouraged. And you're allowed to post multiple times in this thread.

The pairings were listed alphabetically.

Louisville? Fuck Louisville.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it becomes 100 times more interesting if Oregon loses - or if Oregon has a Notre Dame-Pitt-type win from here to the finish line.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I voted for Alabama and Oregon. Both teams' schedules are about to get boosts, Alabama with Texas A&M and the SEC title game and Oregon with Stanford, Oregon State and the Pac-12 title game.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think Oregon is the most likely of the bunch to lose, unless Collin Klein is injured worse than we've been led to think.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if in four weeks we have only one unbeaten team. We've seen this story before and it always has a few unexpected twists and turns.

Then we'll be debating which of the one-loss teams deserves the second bid.

6. Dick Whitman

LSU and Florida.

Signed,

Tom Murphy
    Mark McCarter

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm torn. Alabama, no doubt.

I don't want Oregon whatsoever. Oregon in '10 and Oregon in '12: same thing.

It's really between Notre Dame and Kansas State. I would say Notre Dame because (cliche alert!) college football is much more vibrant when Notre Dame is great and the hate is flowing toward the Irish. Notre Dame has sucked for 20 years (and even though I'm an 'SC diehard) it's nice to see the program having this kind of season. I knew the Irish would be on the immediate uptick soon as they hired Kelly.

Then there's Kansas State. It's just a great story. A total nothing program, in the grand scheme of things. They had strong seasons during Snyder 1.0, but nothing like this. I like the disparity between BIG BOY PROGRAM and the little guy.

For the pageantry, Alabama v. Notre Dame.

For the story, Alabama v. Kansas State.

In that game -- Every Man A Wildcat! -- I'd pick Kansas State. I like Klein a lot.

8. Dick Whitman

I'd love Notre Dame-Kansas State.

Klein v. Te'o.

The program built on JUCOs against the program that thinks it's too good to give any JUCOs a roster spot.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Alabama seems like the one given.

Think Notre Dame finally gets their comeuppance against USC.

Oregon has a potential 3 game gauntlet of Stanford, Oregon State and USC again, correct? They certainly look like they can navigate that, but any of those landmines could go boom

K State seems like the easiest road of the non-Tides--Texas at home the biggest blockade, except for Klein's injury.

Or we can have them all lose, have Georgia beat Alabama for the SEC championship, and make heads explode with any of the following matchups:

Georgia v. LSU
    Georgia v. Fla State
    Georgia v. Louisville

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This was exactly the discussion last year, right after LSU beat Alabama. It was who gets the spot against LSU if Okie State, Stanford and Boise go unbeaten. All of them lost.

Seems like this is where we're sitting just about every year.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I love Stanford's defense. If one of the unbeatens were to fall first, I think it's Oregon against the Cardinal.

12. Dick Whitman

Does A&M have a chance against Alabama?

Draft saved Draft deleted