1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IED in Times Square?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Your complaint seems a bit disingenuous is what I'm trying to say.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

But there is no point in bringing up McVeigh. I don't care what your political ideology is. It's way too early to make any comparisons. It's just too easy. And tired.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they're get the guy by tying him to the vehicle, but I thought this was interesting:

It would be something if he was caught because he's in the background of some random tourist's video.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't think you understand my complaint is what I'm trying to say. I don't want a potential bombing to be "got ya" political fooder for anyone. But you and I both know it will be. It's one thing to fuck with people on general political matters; we're all guilty of that at times. But terrorism, in whatever form, is one of those issues that should create more consensus than it does. That it doesn't is a shame. Whether a white guy in his 40s or a Muslim with terrorist ties, there's no "winners" here.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Whoever did this was a homicidal lunatic. Fortunately, an incompetent one. His thought processes related to his lunacy shouldn't concern any of us. Whatever he is, I'm against it.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

May 1? One of the most visible commercial districts in the world? I still wouldn't rule out some sort of anti-corporate loon.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Nothing new here? Have been out of the loop all day. Any new developments?

8. YankeeFan

"A naturalized U.S. citizen who just returned from several months in Pakistan."

-- FOX describing the person seen in the video.

9. YankeeFan

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Interesting.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And... Here... We... Go!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. YankeeFan

Times headline:

BREAKING NEWS10:00 PM ETU.S. Seeks Man From Pakistan Who Bought Vehicle in Bomb Case

I guess it took the Times two and a half hours to confirm what FOXNews had already reported.

I'm glad they didn't rush to judgement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.