1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IED in Times Square?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I took the subway right through there late last night without any idea this stuff was going on.

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

There is also a theory this had something to do with the threats against Comedy Central because of the South Park cartoon that lampooned Mohammed.
    The SUV was parked on 45th street, just a few feet from the Broadway headquarters of Viacom, which owns Comedy Central.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, to give it its full name, has killed thousands of Pakistanis, and has far, far more technical expertise on bombs, and just as important, access to real explosives, than this device indicates. So I'd be surprised if it was them. They probably said so because real U.S. drone bombs fall on them with regularity.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I imagine a few dozen more will be falling soon enough.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Comedy Central "news" boys pick on Glen Beck and the Teabaggers a helluva lot more than South Park picks on Mohammad. Just sayin'.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

What has that got to do with anything? You think Glen Beck or the Teabggers -- crazy though they may be -- are likely to plant a bomb in Times Square?

7. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

I think the guy's name was McVeigh.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Here we go. This shit is why our country is fucked, regardless of who's trying to kill us.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Says the guy who has taken his fair share of potshots at liberals the last few days. Of course when it's not longer convenient...

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I take shots at liberals every day. What's your point? Do you doubt this thread will not totally degenerate once the suspect is identified?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not "liberals", headbutt, "lefties"

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The cops are looking for a white guy in his 40s ... http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/03/nyregion/03timessquare.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.