1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iDropped my iPod in the toilet...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Dec 15, 2008.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Please explain to me why a man would carry ANYTHING into the bathroom when he's going to be needing the digits to unfurl his business? What? And then, you know, do you handle the iPod before you wash? Ugh.....Anyway, i've read that if you get electronic gear wet, bury it in a bag/bowl whatever of uncooked rice and the rice will absorb the moisture. don't know if that's true or not.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I ruined my iPod video when some prick ran into me at the gym. I dropped it, and despite being in one of those padded cases, the screen got all fucked up. You can still watch it, but there is a smudge the size of a penny in the middle of the screen. The cost to fix it is identical to what it would cost to buy a new one.

I got an iPod touch as a replacement, and while it's incredible, I'm not comfortable using it the way I was using my old one. It just seems too fragile.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This is actually the second iPod-toilet experience I've heard about.

The first one, a girl I knew was at the gym. Went to the washroom to wash her hands. As she was walking by a toilet, she noticed it was unflushed. She reaches in the stall to flush, and her iPod falls out of her hoodie pocket and in the toilet.

She goes to the front desk to ask if there's any way they can retrieve it.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Smart move there.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

How can you erase a magnet?

6. KG

KG Active Member

I have a ghetto booty too, but I still stick it back there when I'm wearing jeans. Then again, part of that is because I dropped my phone 40 feet through some stands and onto concrete. Now the ringer doesn't work, so I have to depend on the vibrate function to know when it's ringing. I wear the low-rise jeans, so the way the pocket is shaped makes it more uncomfortable to have the phone in my front pocket.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

People, seriously ...

[​IMG]

Get one.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Erases the iPod? Yes. Magnetic storage and all that. Same for flash drives, magnetic computer discs and what not.

The magnet? Eh, not so much.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Plop, plop
    buzz, buzz
    Oh what a relief it was.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Some of us need the extra bulge.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That sounds like an equipment issue. Or a personal problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted