1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iDropped my iPod in the toilet...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Dec 15, 2008.

1. I knew better than to be holding the thing while I peed, but I dropped my iPod in the toilet today. It was only toilet water — hadn't peed yet — and I fished it out as quickly as possible.
    I popped the case open and left it to dry, hoping against hope it wouldn't die on me.
    It didn't. I just put it back together and, for now at least, everything seems to be in the same order it was before butterfingers decided to make an iPeed.
  2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Um, congratulations?
  3. Consider my tale a warning to others not to be as stupid as I am.
    I was lucky, this time, but maybe you won't be.
    Put the music down when it's time to drain the dragon, guys. Don't be a hero.
  4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I carry my phone in my hands when I'm walking down the street, and every time I walk over a sewer, a similar fear comes to mind. One day, it'll happen.
  6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've got to agree with my foil here (see, only 1 in 10 posts!).

Dude, nothing you're listening to can be that good to take into the crapper. Especially when you're taking a whizz. If you're dumping, that's a different story. You'd have to be pretty damn clumsy to drop the iPod in the crapper while taking a dump.
  7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I took a Green Day CD into the bathroom today. Insomniac rules.
  8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't even want to think about what else he could be doing to "pull" that off. Har har.
    Seriously. Put the pod in the pocket when you take out the rocket. Ain't that hard.
  9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

One time, my ex-wife was at a bar and I was at home. We were talking via cell phone and she was going to the bathroom. I hear a weird sound in the phone and thought to myself, I bet she just dropped it into the toilet.

Sure enough, the stupid bitch had done just that.

And she tried to claim I got too drunk ...
  10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sometimes having to sit to pee is a good thing.
  11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dude, you fell off a roof.
  12. KG

KG Active Member

With my keys in hand, the gap between the elevator floor and the hall floor terrifies me. I just know I'm going to drop my keys one day, and maintenance will not be available, and I'll be stranded.
Draft saved Draft deleted