1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idol getting ready to kick out Paula?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 25, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They don't need 'girl power,' they need someone who understands music post-Whitney Houston.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Four is too much of a crowd. So what happens at auditions when the judges are divided 2-2 on someone? I know, Simon makes the final call anyway since he runs the entire shebang, but still. Keep it at three.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Basically. He's the only one with the gumption to look straight into most of those people's eyes and tell them flat out what was wrong with their performances. The other two try to gloss it all over and point out what was good about their performance and tend to shy away from constructive criticism.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Simon's not going anywhere. I think he's got at least two more years on his deal, and while he's made some noise about leaving at the end of the deal, there's too much fucking money on teh table for him to turn back. He can still make a shitload of cash as a producer or what not, but he'll never be as famous as he is on Idol.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They do need an odd number of judges. Is Seacrest gonna break 2-2 ties? Simon Fuller?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

SportsJournalists.com, maybe?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We would end up tying 40-40 or something.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My theory is that the producers see warning signs with Paula that she could become too erratic or get caught doing something that would necessitate booting her from the show. They know it could the ratings for someone to just step in as "the New Paula" without developing some chemistry first. So they put this woman onto the judging panel, let them all do their thing and develop that chemistry, then, if they need to, they can bounce Paula and the new woman fills in more seamlessly.

Just a wild theory, but what the hell.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Just do America a favor and cancel that show, America's Got Talent, any show with the word Dance in the title, and any "reality" TV show. Go back to the good old days of shows with scripts and actors.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Wild theory?

It's sort of the idea behind my thread title.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I'm not sure if this is Idol jumping the shark, but I do know that once cousin Oliver joined the Brady's, death was nigh.

Draft saved Draft deleted