1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idol: 5/1 -- Bon Jovi Week!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, May 1, 2007.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Haha I agree. He kept getting lauded for taking a risk and that was great and all, but it just didn't sound very good.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not being racist here, but I don't think America (or Bangalore) sends three black women with pretty much the same style of singing to the final four. One of them goes.

3. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Put me in the half that loved Blake's version. I'm so bored of the homogenized Stepford Singers that American Idol puts out. Blake may not have the purest voice of the people left in the finals, but he's consistently put himself out there and challenged himself. He's unique.
    Even those of you who disliked it have to admit he deserves credit for really taking a risk (there were lots of moments in that performance that could've gone WAY wrong but didn't). I don't like to see anyone be punished for pushing their boundaries, especially when there are other singers who haven't pushed themselves since making it to the final 12.

4. Why the hating on Blake? I thought he was clearly the best tonight.
    He did take a HUGE risk and I loved it. Honestly.
    He might be the only one whom I'd pay to listen to. Admittedly he isn't the best singer of the bunch, but he's OK. His beat-boxing is great, his arrangements are at least unique and he's likable.
    Jordin is the only person I root for like I do Blake.
    Melinda showed tonight what she could be if she had better taste in music. If she'll branch out more, she'll have a great career. Otherwise, she's stuck in a niche where she can make a living, but never be a big star.
    Chris and LaKisha are both too one-note to me. They are both pretty good at what they do, but I haven't seen any real diversity -- even with these theme weeks.
    I'm certain two of Chris, LaKisha and Phil will go home. I won't cry over any of them.

5. I forgot to add that Jordin wasn't great tonight, but I thought she handled the criticsm well and I don't think she's going home. I think she's proven herself WAY too much to suffer that much from one bad performance.
    I really wish they'd change it so you voted to kick someone off. It would have ended the Sanjaya debacle sooner and would help get the most deserving people to the final.

6. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

The only balls Blake has are in his mouth most nights...
    eff that guy.
    if i see him, we're fighting.

7. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

OK, THAT changed my mind ...

8. And you'll get thousands of gay guys and 14-year-old girls mobbing you.

9. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

fuck all you people who have never somebody beatbox and think that because blake randomly does it in songs where it shouldn't be, that it makes him innovative.

it's like Scoopy and Scoop-speak in his stories.

Is he an innovator or just a jackass?

case closed.

10. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Sir, yes sir!!

11. I've heard beatboxing before. I've also heard people sing before. Does that mean I shouldn't appreciate Melinda's talents?
    Why are you so angry?

12. You know he was the beatboxing champ of Seattle, right?
    I know that's not quite inner-city L.A., but it still says something about his ability at it.

Draft saved Draft deleted