1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idol: 5/1 -- Bon Jovi Week!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, May 1, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's fair spup. But saying she hasn't come back up since week 2 instead of "I haven't liked her since week 2" is somewhat misleading.

2. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Tonight:
    1. Melinda
    2. Phil
    3. Blake
    4. Lakisha
    5. Chris (only time I haven't thought he sucked)
    6. Jordin (that was awful)

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Wow ... not a lot of Jordin love in here. I thought she was actually pretty good but maybe I'm biased because she's so damn cute.

4. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Blake has been using bells and whistles to cover up his crappy singing voice from the start. It's like spraying air freshener on a turd.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

if jordin gets the boot for her only iffy performance thus far, well, that just won't be right. :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Hey dignan: Well, there's no way to ask this without sounding like a creepy old man -- is that gal moving up and down just some random girl in the AI audience, or someone well-known?

7. Dignan

Dignan Guest

That's Sanjaya's way-hot sister.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

LOVED Blake.

Balls, folks, balls. That's what it took to do that... to arrange and sing it that way to Bon Jovi's face.

All I can say is: Balls must be something with which some of you are not familiar.

9. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Come on, Blake won't make the labels a red cent singing like that.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I need to point this out.

Through the years, a couple of times Idol contestants have been given enormous credit for "unique" arrangements... for "different twists" on old songs.. which we later come to find, are actually covers of somebody else's cover.

Case in point: Last year when Chris Daughtry did a rock/alternative version of Johnny Cash's "Walk the Line." The fawning would not stop.

The next day we find out the band Live did that exact version. So Daughtry was given credit for "creativity," "guts" and "musical acumen" which he didn't really deserve.

I guarantee you-- NOBODY has ever done that version of Shot Through the Heart. It was all Blake. He had to rearrange the entire song himself-- in less than a week-- and it was brilliant.

11. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Took balls to do it. Took ears to know it sucked.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Phil was better in theory than in reality, but he was still good. I was happy for him even before he started singing. He doesn't belong in the final 2, but he doesn't deserve to be voted off.

Jordin was dreadful. She was the anti-Melinda -- utterly no attention paid to the lyrics. She dropped a Vito Jr. on the middle of the stage.

Lakisha was great. Fantastic. If she put that out as a single, I'd buy it.

Blake has a set -- I'll give him that. But he doesn't have the voice to really pull the version off.

Chris doesn't belong. If you are simply going to imitate Bon Jovi, you need to have a really good voice. He does not.

Melinda is too good for this show.

Draft saved Draft deleted