1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idiots are now going onto the field in high school games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 30, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Know how there are people who have certain looks on their faces that you'd want to wipe off with about five haymakers? This punk is one of them. Although the beat-down he took might have been an overraction.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The beatdown? He was fighting them, trying to get up. I'd have done the same thing.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The only problems were,

1) The players didn't pulverize his ass into the turf the second he moved for the ball (see Mike Curtis, 1971)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP2G7UtS9I

2) The police didn't come out and beat his head into the turf with rubber clubs

3) He left (at least partially) on his own power, rather than feet-first strapped to a gurney.

Also, the pants-falling-down-off-your-ass/no underwear look is not a good one.

4. KYSportsWriter

Watching the video, the players seem too shocked to try anything.

And I only saw one cop mosey out onto the field after the moron had been subdued.

I think my favorite part is the guy who distracts him, allowing someone else to rush up from behind and tackle him.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, even the first time I saw the tape, when I saw the "decoy guy" coming up to him with open arms like, "hey old buddy," I was thinking, "Grab your socks motherfucker, in about 3, 2, and....." BOOM.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The pathetic/near nonexistent "police response" was also not good.

Apparently this was just some dumb drunk fucker, too fucked-up/stupid to do much of anything, but you never know if he could have had some capacity to do something worse -- what he might be packing in his pockets. (The dumb fucks at the White Sox game a few years ago had knives on their belts.) When these fuckers come out on the playing surface, they need to be put down and out for the count ASAP.

Incapacitate/immobilize first, ask questions later.

6. KYSportsWriter

The first story I read said the guy is a former athlete at the school. You can hear the person recording saying something along the lines of "How drunk is this guy?"

The crowd reaction when the guy is tackled is hilarious, too. And like you, I'm surprised the cops weren't on the field quicker than they were. Not sure if he was the only cop there or not, but you'd think they'd be the first ones to try and get the guy off the field -- not a couple of dads.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'll bet that this sort of thing is probably going to start happening at Pop Warner games.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Idiots have always gone on the field in high school games. We used to call them refs.

9. KYSportsWriter

He'll be here all week, folks.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm Johnny Knoxville and this is the mental illness gridiron challenge.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This phenomenon predates the internet.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Two great Starman memes that taste great together.

Draft saved Draft deleted