1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IDIOT NEWSPAPER PUBLISHERS and KRISPY KREME

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by goalmouth, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

There was no reason to go to a Jimmy John's until they introduced the Frenchie sandwich.

2. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Mr. Sub is still going strong in the sticks. My little town has three. Way better than Subway, although that is damning with faint praise. A buddy of mine had a cousin who was considered the ne'er-do-well of his (rich) extended family. He taught phys ed in the 70s and had a sub shop as a sideline. Then it turned into Mr. Sub.

Liut, Screwball and Huggy like this.
  3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Happy to stand corrected, it has been bulldozed by Subway in the Toronto area.

Liut likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

At my last FT job, there was a Subway right next to the office, but I’d walk across and down the street for Jimmy John’s instead.

Quiznos and Firehouse were meh at best. There’s a Jersey Mike’s close to my house now, but I don’t eat sandwiches anymore.

5. baddecision

baddecision Active Member

If you're in Milwaukee, hit up Suburpia. Sub sammich heaven. Three locations that I know of.

6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The lines are likely a lot shorter now.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A couple of Firehouse outlets have popped up in the Toronto area, but I have not seen any advertising for them

8. Severian

Firehouse outlets? Like, Firefhouse Subs?

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yes

10. Severian

That's great. You get a free sub on your birthday, one of the better fast-food chain deals out there.

Draft saved Draft deleted