1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idiot columnist of the day

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 12, 2011.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. What the hell? 49ers, Giants, Royals?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hated the A's and Yankees as a kid and I thought George Brett walked on water. All of the other teams I rooted for as a kid were from the Bay Area/Northern California.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

He responds and makes it all clear where he was coming from. Or not:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/13/john-steigerwald-explains-himself/

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd argue that he made it worse...

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wonder what he thinks of the idiot drunk at the Pirates game the other day who wasn't wearing any team gear but was beat down by police.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Coming soon at nearby Washington & Jefferson College, Mr. Steigerwald will be teaching a 300-level course on revisionist history. He will do this while back-pedaling throughout his appearance.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The apology includes an "if," so Steigerwald can go fuck himself with a papier mache of his mustache.

Idiot douchebag asshole.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Jesus. Are you related to the victim?

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Here's kinda my thing about adults wearing jerseys:

I work all week reporting about what I love, sports. I cover it at both the high school and college level. When sitting with the press, I don't get to cheer (not saying I want to, just saying I can't if I did). However, I am a huge sports fan and it's part of the reason I got into this industry. On the rare occurance that I get to go to a game as a fan of one of "my teams" (OKC Thunder, Cubs, Jaguars and Colorado State), I'm gonna show my pride and dress up, so to speak. I'm not gonna paint my face, but if I own a jersey, I'll likely wear it.
    I assume this is the case for other adults in different fields. Getting to go to games is kinda like a vacation. You forget all the stress of life and just have fun.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(You know it had to happen.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think many -- maybe most -- older sports writers would say they want nothing more than to be away from sports in their time off.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm a big sports fan too and own ample amounts of team gear, although I'm not much of a jersey guy but have nothing against those who are. I haven't covered a game on a professional level in more than five years and I'll be damned if it still takes three quarters to get even mildly warmed up to clap.

Draft saved Draft deleted