1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idiot columnist of the day

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 12, 2011.

1. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

I see your point, but the Internet wasn't around for most or all of their careers. Today you have any number of idiots, including Yahoo, getting confused about details and plastering them everywhere.

2. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I honestly doubt that he really feels this guy deserved to get assaulted. I think he meant to make the column all about adults being immature by wearing jerseys (a silly point, but certainly not an offensive one).

However, he delivered the message poorly. He should have thought: "If I use this incident as the peg to make this point, people are going to misunderstand. I should wait a month and write it without mentioning Bryan Stow at all." (Of course, then it's not a controversial column, just a dumb one.)

3. mrbio

mrbio Member

The republic of America has a few screws loose and is in need of major makeover.

Draft saved Draft deleted