1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idiosyncratic things you keep

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've started saving those, too, because fewer bread products come with the twist ties.
    But still I have enough twist ties to keep us all set until the sun consumes the earth.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

That sounds like my grandmother in about 1977. She had a kitchen drawer full of twist ties.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think that's where I got it from. My mother used to save them in a drawer.
    Now I do it.

And they come in handy. GF opens bread then misplaces the little plastic tab or the twist tie to close it - bam, I've got a twist tie to take its place.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Belly button lint.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Just yours, or everyone's?

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I pray that's not where the nickname three bags full came from.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Press passes and district/state programs. Those programs have tons of the useless information that I thrive on.

I'm closet horder, so I have a hard time throwing away anything. Usually things just acumulate into a box that I go through a few years later. I end up throwing most of it out -- but it takes a long time for me to get there.

Draft saved Draft deleted