1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Identity theft

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 28, 2018.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm built like a jockey.

Dry cleaner gave me a suit that would fit an NFL linebacker, which I discovered in the dressing room at the chapel . . . 30 minutes before my wedding.

Wonder what I should have demanded as reparation.

Tweener likes this.
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

You bought a suit from a dry cleaner?

3. BTExpress

No. Had it cleaned. He gave me some other customer's suit instead of mine.

At least I was able to fake it with the help of some helpful chapel assistants and about three layers of clothing underneath.

Not sure now the NFL linebacker-sized fellow coped, however, or what suit they gave him.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Ahh, was wondering how that happened. Guess when it comes in the plastic wrap, and especially if you have
    a few suits or jackets together, you're not going to see until putting it on.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Should have asked them to pay for the wedding, and the honeymoon.

Reminds me of my father, a first-ballot tight-ass Hall of Famer. Story from my childhood … we always used to get bags of Filet O Fish from McDonald's on Fridays during Lent. He hated cheese on his fish sandwiches, so he would order some without cheese. And he'd ask for a discount. "If I order a hamburger, it's 69 cents. If I want cheese on it, you'll charge me 79 cents, right? So if a fish sandwich is 99 cents, shouldn't a fish sandwich without cheese be 89 cents?" Meanwhile, the rest of the family is cringing, sorry that the poor minimum-wage counter girl is dealing with this, and also wondering how much spit is on the food we are going to be eating for dinner.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SpeedTchr likes this.
  7. BTExpress

Could have been a lot worse. Instead of the Bridezilla reaction of "My perfect day is ruined!!!!," my wife's reaction was an uncontrollable laugh I heard from upstairs when she was told.

Too bad I can't post photos here from my desktop. You could see how good/bad all the adjustments looked.

8. I remember dad having BALLISTIC meltdown in KFC over a delay getting a bucket a chicken.
    Man, was that ugly.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The restaurant purchased the cheese whether it gets put on the fish sandwich or not.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I would've just told people you were having a Talking Heads-themed wedding.

Now I'm imagining walking down the aisle to Psycho Killer, creepily mouthing the words: "I hate people when they're not for life."

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Umm, what?

I hate people when they're not polite.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It's always fun when you learn you've been singing a song wrong for 30 years.

Donny in his element and Slacker like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted