1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Identifying Jenn Sterger

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by geddymurphy, Oct 12, 2010.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If you include that she's a Versus personality should you include that she's been in Playboy and Maxim too? They're trying to say why she's a story not read her resume on TV.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Speaking of her "resume" I can't believe this is how she got her start:

Although, wasn't Pam Anderson discovered in similar fashion?

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Wow! I just now put 2 and 2 together on how I'd known her before the Farv incident. Thanks Mizzou! That brought back a whole flood of memories I didn't know existed in my brain.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If memory serves, when Deadspin first began knocking this around about 6 weeks ago, Ms. Sterger didn't make a big deal of it when contacted. She seems to be pretty quiet about the issue now. Is it possible she's not that offended, if at all? If she's not, should there be a problem? Does anyone think those were the first racy texts or cell phone photos anyone sent her. Has she ever sent photos of herself over her cell phone? We certainly know she's not shy about showing her bod (Maxim, Playboy, etc.)

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Does she have cleavage and wear tight clothes when she's on the air?

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You know who we're talking about here, right?

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

There are plenty of photos of her without clothes at all. So that's a different kind.

Oh, and here:

[​IMG]

That seems to be the best I can do. And it was on about page 7 of the google images.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This one isn't really revealing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Exactly. She was in the crowd at a B.C. Lions game and they put her on the Jumbotron.

10. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

That was when the Lions were playing for the Grey D Cup, was it not?

11. Louisiana Rain

Louisiana Rain New Member

She is referred to as a "former Jets employee" because that is exactly what she is in the context of the story. Where she works now is completely irrelevant to this story. If she did not work for the Jets when Favre texted her, called her, etc, there would be no story and no possible sexual harassment charges. It would've just been an athlete hitting on a hot woman.

Actually, I think it's more disingenuous when she is referred to as a "TV sports reporter." She is not a reporter. She is a television show host. There is a difference. Just because she sometimes asks athletes questions does not mean she is a reporter. She's a host of a TV show, aka a TV personality. Would anyone refer to the idiots who host MTV's Total Request Live as reporters? No. They are hosts.

As for the pictures of her showing cleavage, does it really matter? I hate to assume, but I'm guessing that if she were offended by wide distribution of mages of her dressed like that then she wouldn't have accepted jobs that require her to go on TV dressed like that. So, logically, if she isn't offended by those images, why should anyone else be? And seriously, get a grip, it's a young woman in tight clothes. Geez, it's not 1940 anymore.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

:D ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted