1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idaho public TV captures SJ.com political debate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 15, 2014.

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2629617/A-cowboy-curmudgeon-biker-normal-guy-Hilarious-GOP-Idaho-governor-debate-makes-comic-history-human-caricatures-spar-racist-jokes-spiritual-warfare-killing-endangered-species.html

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Santa Claus seems pretty worked up.

:eek: :eek:

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, the JV gubernatorial candidates work just as hard.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I watched the whole hour today, and it was, without a doubt, one of the 10 greatest things I've ever seen.

Harley Brown is certifiable -- and ready for primetime. I so want someone to go to "Fat Jack's cellar" and do a story about it vis-a-vis Harley Brown staying there and kicking off his presidential bid. Saturday Night Live writers couldn't create a better character if they tried a thousand times. His answers were so off-the-chart original and funny. His final line in the closing had people off-camera laughing their asses off. It took one of the female reporters on the panel everything she had not to bust up laughing.

And then there was the old coot. Dude. Just start watching at the 52-minute mark. As if Harley Brown's rant was the gold of gold, wait till the old fucking coot gets going about Chernobyl and iodine pills.

"Because Florida" just got a new partner in crime: "Because Idaho".

5. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

That was fantastic. When the old guy was talking about clear-cuts to stop the forest fires, then spun it into his wife driving without a license for three years...I had to wipe a tear.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Trust me, the candidates for lower levels of government (state senate, legislature, county board) are just as crazy in Idaho.

In a state as "red" as this, no one ever lost votes by making love to firearms/NRA money, or by declaring their hatred of all things federal. Especially wolves and Obamacare.

But yeah, Harley Brown ramps up the crazy compared to Cowboy Butch and Tea Party hero Filcher.

Can't wait until Tuesday's primary is behind us.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

This is why the Idaho GOP closed the primaries: I don't want to register a party because I don't care about politics, but I do want to vote for the insane because I find it personally sayisfying and amusing.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Vermont GOP gets on board with its own dog and cuckoo show.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=709795112443949

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If that was the GOP debate, lord knows what the Dem's debate looked like. Yeesh!

Draft saved Draft deleted