1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'd say "please shoot Berman" but the bullet would just lodge in all that fat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Oct 30, 2006.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Berman's doing that 3-minute thing ... I'd love to meet the people who find his self-made sound effects amusing.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, just what we need. Highlights ... 24 hours after the last game. Yeah, just like back in the Cossel days, NO ONE has seen highlights of the previous day's games. I mean, "The Joke" I mean, "The Blitz" has only been shown 3,456 times in 24 hours. Come up with something original. And races with ESPN mascots is not something original.

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

True, and I also actually think his 'The Raidahs' bit is supposed to be a parody of Cosell saying it during the halftime highlights [or the actual games], as opposed to Al Davis.

Doesn't matter. He's still a fat, one-trick pony douchebag with a very tired shtick.

4. As bad as 'The Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaidahs' and the Facenda voice are, his Curly "Woop!" makes my skin crawl.

5. suburbanite

His very existence makes my skin crawl.

6. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

I think what he's trying to say is the NFC "Norse" Division, in reference the the presence of the Vikings. But sadly, the fat jowls and the fat head get in the way of common sense, which has long since left the World Wide Leader of Ruining Sports Broadcasting.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

It's a shame that ESPN lost the only show where I didn't really mind Berman, NFL Primetime. Because the highlights went so quickly, his catchphrases didn't linger like a stale chili fart. During college, Sunday afternoons were my only chance to catch up on my sleep lost during the week, so I'd roll out of bed after the NFL games were done, flip on Primetime and get caught up. Berman's ability to keep from being suicidally annoying is inverse to the amount of dead air he has to fill. He's horrific on baseball because announcers need to fill the time between pitches, at-bats, etc. If you have Berman doing something that requires rat-a-tat action, like stuffing a ton of highlights into an hour, he becames tolerable.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm there, but he is indeed saying Norris.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

1.) Couldn't you do what I did? Stock up on soda and horribly fatty snacks and watch the games in bed all day long? :D

2.) I agree with you on the old Primetime. He didn't have a lot of time for schtick, and the great chemistry betewen he and Jackson made for interesting analysis and give-and-take. Now, with the NFL Blitz airing during SportsCenter, it's as if he's been told to KEEP PEOPLE WATCHING so TURN UP THE SCHTICK!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOP!!! THE OAKLAND RAHHHHHHHHDAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF LAMBEAU FIELD.

Die die die.

10. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Oops. I actually thought he meant "Norse." Excuse me while I pull the trigger to throw up, then on the sniper rifle aimed at all the NFL "experts" at ESPN, save Jaws & Mort.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You guys are all pissed and jealous because you never taped a segment with the early 80s Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

12. suburbanite

Or been on stage with Huey Lewis. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted